Here is the official recommendation on how to care for the paint protection film as prescribed by the manufacturer.
“This film is made up of a polyurethane material topped with a clear-coat layer to exhibit a paint-like gloss. It requires special care and maintenance in order to maintain its glossy finish, overall look and performance. The following must be considered when cleaning and maintaining the … film.
Care and Maintenance:
1. Dust and wax the film regularly to prevent dirt buildup around the edges and to maintain its glossy finish.
2. Use a liquid-based car wash soap, extra soft sponge and water to wash your film.
3. When using a high-pressure water hose to wash, keep at least 36″ away from your film’s edges and surface.
4. Wipe down with a clean and dust-free chamois and/or microfiber drying towel.
5. Wax only with non-abrasive waxes and polishes. Carnuba or Teflon-based is recommended.
6. Use a small toothpick to softly remove any wax build up around the edges.
Do not do the following:
1. Do not use a powder-based detergent or degreaser to clean your film.
2. Do not use any abrasive scrubbers and/or sponges. Do not rub excessively or use excessive force when cleaning or drying.
3. Do not use any abrasive or hard-compound waxes and/or polishes.
4. Do not use clay products to clean the surface of your film.
5. Do not use high-speed power buffer or polishing equipment.
6. Do not pick on the Paint Protection Film’s edges. Once the film is lifted, it will not lay back down properly without damage.
7. Do not use a high-pressure hose closer than 36″ from the Paint Protection Film surface.”
This information has been copied form the sheet provided the paint protection film for retail consumer.
We belive most of those points are very valid and will extand the life of the product. Please keep in mind that a lot depends on the type of film that has been used for installation.
Please contact us with any questions about all your paint protection film needs. We look foward to hearing from you.