Easy Cleaning Do’s & Don’ts
Keep your Clear Auto Bra’s protective coating in top shape by following these easy, common-sense cleaning “Do’s” — and avoiding the “Don’ts”:
- Use only specialty car wash soap to clean the bra film or spot areas.
- Apply using a microfiber wash mitt .
- For extra-soiled or bug splattered areas, soak with soap and wipe clean with the mitt again.
- If debris remains, on the next wash use Dawn liquid detergent and water. (Careful not to go off the paint protected area, as detergent could remove wax from your paint.)
- If stubborn debris still remains, try using a blue clay bar. (Never reuse a red clay bar or a piece of old clay, which could damage the surface of the bra.)
- If you use Dawn or clay bar, reapply a coat of protectant over the affected areas. A quick wax or Plexus wax with polish will often remove stubborn spots on the bra’s surface.
- Dry with a micro fiber towel; then spray polish over its surface, using any high-quality spray wax or quick detail spray.
That’s all there is to it. Clean and simple.
- Commercial car washes are safe and a very convenient way of keeping your vehicle clean. Many of our customers use them on a regular basis and have not had any issues. Nonetheless, they are not the best option for your car.
- Avoid potent chemical degreasers or tar removers. While these won’t harm the paint, they may degrade and dull the finish of some types of paint protection film. Check with us first if you’re thinking of using it, or test a small area like a mirror back that would be easy to replace, if damaged.
- Never use brushes. Brushes will dull the surface on the clear bra or on any painted surface of your car over time. Use a good quality microfiber mitt instead.
- Don’t let dead bugs and bird droppings remain. The acids may permanently stain most of the paint protection films on the market.
- Never wipe with terry cloth or paper products. They’ll damage the clear bra. In fact, you should never even wipe dirt off with a dry towel. Always wet the surface with water, soap or detail spray wax first to minimize friction.